Sunday, April 10, 2022

Unfulfilled Dreams - Farewell Lolo

  

During the heights of the Covid-19 Pandemic, I took solace in an online French Conversation meet-up group. I joined to finally get on with my goal of being comfortable speaking French and improving my listening and speaking capacity. Saturday Morning I received sad news, the host of this Meet-up Lourdes Lopez died during sometimes during the night. Lolo, please rest in peace, when I make it to your homeland of Puerto Rico, your favorite places, Montreal, Italy, and France, I will take your memory with me.  Thank you for creating a warm and comfortable space for me and for the other Francophiles you brought into my life.  Sorry for the dreams not realized. I take heart that you are no longer in pain.


Many dreams will remain unfulfilled but not for the lack of trying. Life at times will have its own path it rather takes, despite your pleas. Walls can appear from nowhere, opportunities can disappear overnight and priorities may need to be revised in a blink of an eye.


So as they cherish those happy moments. For me, I will try to, cherish those moments in which I feel free, those moments where I can't stop laughing, those moments where I notice the beauty of life. 

I am grateful for my online community..


 



No comments: